New to Auctions?
How Do Our Car Auctions Work?
With Letchworth Motor Auctions, buying or selling your vehicle couldn’t be easier.
Looking to sell your vehicle with us? We have two easy ways to do it:
AUCTION YOUR VEHICLE – NEW TO AUCTIONS ADVICE
- There is no entry fee so you will not pay anything to put your vehicle into the auctions.*
- Complete our online Auction Entry form. Click here for auction entry form.
- Your vehicle will go through up to 3 consecutive auctions.
- Once your vehicle sells, our commission fee will be deducted from the sale price and the remaining value will be transferred into your bank account within 7 working days. Click here for a list of our fees.
- Should you be unsure of the reserve to place on your vehicle we can guide you by valuing your vehicle free of charge. Call us on 01462 480 499 or Click here for a free valuation.
Contact us to book an appointment to drop your vehicle to us between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday along with the V5 document, MOT certificate, spare keys, service history and any other relevant documentation and we will take care of the rest.
- Photographic ID and proof of address must be given at the time of entering your vehicle in.
- If you are selling your vehicle through us, we advise you to write to the DVLA to inform them you are no longer the registered keeper. You will also need to inform the DVLA of the change in ownership to receive your road tax refund, should your vehicle have remaining road tax on it.
- Payment is made directly into your bank account. Please ensure your payment details match the provided ID, otherwise payment will be rejected by your nominated bank.
* Commission fees will be deducted once the vehicle is sold. Click here for a list of our fees. If your vehicle goes unsold there is a £90 including VAT removal fee or you may enter your vehicle into 3 more auctions for the same £90 fee.
Trade commission rates are available to those who complete a trade application form and provide us with proof of valid trade insurance, photographic ID, proof of address and proof of business. (Terms & Conditions apply)