Buying Cars At Auction
How to buy a car at auction
Car and van auctions are a fantastic place to buy quality used vehicles at a great price, but make sure you know all the facts – and your obligations – before you start buying. Learn more about how to buy a car or van at auction.
- Ensure you know the difference between “SOLD WITH A TRIAL” and “SOLD AS SEEN” vehicles.
- Check what the vehicle does and doesn’t come with. For example, not all vehicles will come with a V5 document, spare keys, or the locking wheel nut. This depends if it was passed onto the auction house by the seller of the vehicle. All items that come with the vehicle are listed in the online description, so check first. The majority of vehicles come with a V5 document but make sure before bidding.
- Whether you’re buying or selling there’s a fee as auction houses don’t make a profit from the amount that vehicles sell for. Find a list of our fees here and don’t forget to keep the fee in mind when bidding, as they increase depending on the value of the vehicle.
- If you wish to bid on our vehicles, you will need to place a deposit over the phone before the auction starts online. A maximum amount of £500 by Debit/Credit card or Bank Transfer only. Once a deposit received, you will be given access to bid.
- If the vehicle gets “hammered” you will be required to pay the full amount and collect within 48 hours. Charges may apply if not collected within the given time.
- Balance payments are only accepted by Bank Transfer, we will not accept cash or any other form of balance payment. Payments must be made in advance prior to collection appointments being made.
- We try to give you as much information as possible and if we haven’t answered any questions you may have, please contact us directly 01462 480 499 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking to purchase vehicles, please contact our sales department to discuss your requirements.
Selling Cars at Auction
How to sell a car or van at auction
Selling your vehicle through our auction couldn’t be any easier. However, please read the information below on how to sell your car or van.
- Contact us so we can value your vehicle before you enter it into our auction. We offer a free online valuation service.
- When placing a reserve on your vehicle remember to allow for the selling fees.
- We don’t charge vehicle entry fees! The vehicle will be entered in up to 3 auctions if it remains unsold after the 3rd auction there will be £90 unsold fee to pay.
- When dropping your vehicle to us, remember to bring the following V5 document registration, service history book or service invoices, spare keys, vehicle handbook pack. Please remember to remove any personal items or anything that you do not want passed on with the vehicle. We will require personal ID to confirm who you are, so forward via email email@example.com your photocard driving license or passport and a utility bill dated within the past 60 days. We are unable to accept vehicles without proof of ID.
If you are a retail dealer or trader looking to dispose of vehicles, please contact our sales department to discuss your requirements.