Whether you are looking to purchase or sell a car or a commercial vehicle we are here to guide you every step of the way. Please see our selling a vehicle and buying a vehicle information below for more details.
Buying Cars At Auction
How to buy a car at auction
Car and van auctions are a fantastic place to buy quality used vehicles at a great price, but make sure you know all the facts – and your obligations – before you start buying. Learn more about how to buy a car or van at auction.
- Make sure you know the difference between “sold with a trial” and “sold as seen” vehicles.
- Check what the vehicle does and doesn’t come with. For example, not all vehicles will come with a logbook (V5), spare keys or the locking wheel nut. This depends if it was passed onto the auction house by the seller of the vehicle. All items that come with the vehicle are listed in the online description, so check first. The majority do come with a logbook but make sure before buying.
- Buying and selling fees! Whether you’re buying or selling there’s a fee both ways as auction houses don’t make any profit from the amount the vehicle sells for. Find a list of our fees here and don’t forget to keep the fee in mind when you’re bidding, as they increase depending on the value of the vehicle.
- If you are the top bidder at the end of the vehicles auction, you will need to submit a deposit to the staff at the counter, a maximum of £500 by cash or debit card only. Once a deposit is received, we will contact the seller to agree the sale. If the vehicle gets “hammered” you will be required to pay the full amount or leave a deposit and collect within 48 hours. Charges may apply if not collected within 48 hours
- When paying, please note there are no additional charges for debit, credit or bank transfer payments, but any cash paid over £500 will incur a 2% handling fee.
- We try to give you as much information as possible and if we haven’t answered any questions you may have please contact us directly 01462 480 499 or email@example.com
Selling Cars at Auction
How to sell a car or van at auction
Selling your vehicle through our auction couldn’t be any easier. However, please read the information below on how to sell your car or van at one of our auctions.
- Contact us so we can value your vehicle before you enter it into auction. We offer a free online valuation service.
- When placing a reserve on your vehicle remember to allow for the selling fees.
- We don’t charge vehicle entry fees! The vehicle will be entered in up to 3 auctions if it remains unsold after the 3rd auction there will be £90 unsold fee to pay.
- When dropping your vehicle to us, remember to bring the following: vehicle documents, service history book or service invoices, spare keys, vehicle handbook pack. Please remember to remove any personal items or anything that you do not want passed on with the vehicle. We will require personal ID to confirm who you are, so bring your photocard driving license or passport and a utility bill dated within the past 60 days. We are unable to accept vehicles without proof of ID.
If you are a retail dealer or trader looking to dispose of vehicles, please contact our sales department to discuss your requirements. Contact Adam on 01462 480 499 or firstname.lastname@example.org.