Business Development Executive
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join a rapidly-growing automotive business located just off Junction 9/9A of A1(M).
The Business Development will liaise directly with our existing trade buyers & sellers ensuring that they receive a first-class experience, as well as attracting new buyers to the business and supporting the Letchworth Motor Auctions auction sales.
The newly created position will both nurture and enchase the relationship we offer to the buyers & sellers who attend sales (currently online only) and purchase & sell vehicles through Letchworth Motor Auctions. The candidate will develop lasting relationships with both existing and potential buyers & sellers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the needs of buyers & sellers pre and post-sale, whilst maximising the appeal of the vehicles on offer.
- Qualifying and managing incoming account leads, and onboarding new accounts created, including follow-ups and first purchase support.
- Building strong relationships with existing buyers & sellers through regular pre-sale calls and emails, whilst understanding their vehicle/stock requirements and updating records on our CRM (Auction Manager) system.
- Demonstrate the benefits of purchasing & selling stock via Letchworth Motor Auctions instead of other online and physical remarketing channels, both within and outside the regular sales programme.
- Work within the sales and marketing team, time will be split between supporting our existing buyer & seller base and managing incoming phone & email vehicle enquiries.
- Promoting post-sale “Buy It Now” process – Understanding customer requirements, placing vehicles with relevant customers and closing auction sales.
- Ensuring that the company maximises returns and conversion rates for clients (sellers).
- Manage and generate incoming buyer & seller account leads via cold calling or using existing/new trade and supplier relationships.
- Responsible for dormant buyer management, re-engaging regularly and understanding concerns.
- Attract both franchise and non-franchise dealers, car supermarkets, independent dealers and sole traders to relevant auction sales.
- Manage pre-sale enquiries, eg; check over of vehicles for customers who cannot attend the auction sale.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by the auction business
- Maintain a positive and welcoming approach even during exceptionally busy periods.
- Working in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to work closely across marketing, sales and admin team.
- Some flexibility to working hours to ensure the needs of the business and its customers are delivered should the business require.
- Be able to adapt and support other team members in line with business requirements.
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers.
- Maintaining (and growing) market share in a competitive remarketing industry, with all major multinational entities operating in the Hertfordshire surrounding areas.
- Depth of department support.
- The successful candidate will have to be self-driven, motivated, able to multitask and willing to totally embrace the opportunity
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- Experience in a hands-on sales support, account services or customer contact role is preferable.
- Auction or automotive experience preferable.
- Must have a professional and confident demeanour, with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent telephone manner and strong face to face communications skills.
- Good networker and strong but balanced influencing skill.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to drive projects forward without constant involvement.
- A passion for the automotive industry is preferable.
Ideal Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
- Experience in vehicle sales, vehicle auctions or managing trade to trade used vehicle disposals. (2+ years)
- Self-motivation and the ability to uncover, approach and close a deal.
- Previous direct selling experience in a B2B environment (ideally automotive).
- Experience working with CRMs and other based IT systems.
- The ability to excel achievable targets whilst maintaining integrity.
- Strong relationship-building skills, crucial for key buyers & sellers.
- A full UK driving license.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages (Excel & Word).
Position & Remuneration
Full-Time Permanent Position
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (incl. 1-hour lunch break).
- Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM (Auction Nights) (incl. 1-hour lunch break & 30 mins before auction starts).
The successful candidate will receive:
Basic salary: Negotiable upon experience + Commission + Target Bonuses & Pension Scheme.
We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.